Pacnet Web Hosting
Do you need an all in-one-solutions to build and maintain your online presence?
Do you want to guarantee availability of your website and web services 24/7?
Web presence has become a necessity in today’s business environment. But building, updating and monitoring your corporate website could be taxing, especially with limited manpower and web development and maintenance skills.
Pacnet’s corporate web hosting solution, PacWeb Pro, gives you a cost-effective solution to establish an online presence without the high cost of maintaining your own web server.
Not only do we give you direct connection to the Internet with minimal Internet traffic congestion, we also provide you with quality state-of-the-art equipment , so you ensure the stability and availability of your website.
Pacnet’s PacWebPro Packages is designed to help companies and Internet start-ups build a cost-effective corporate presence on the Internet.
- Flexible OS option supporting both Windows 2003 or UNIX platform that works with ASP. NET, ASP scripting and Microsoft FrontPage 2000 (Windows 2003)
- Guaranteed performance with branded Xeon- based servers
- 24/7 days website availability through our multi-homed Gigabit Internet backbone
- World-class Internet Data Centre to host your servers
- Customised host name (www.YourDomainName.com.sg)
- Reliable round-the-clock monitoring of server availability
- Free website counters and web statistics report
- Competitive pricing and service bundles
PacWeb Pro also supports:
- Perl CGI scripting support (UNIX)
- FTP access for account management
- Optional Microsoft SQL 2000 database hosting (Windows 2003)
- PHP scripting support (UNIX)
Allow Pacnet to help you build and enhance your web presence today! Call Pacnet now!
|Enquire today about
Pacnet Web Hosting
|FrontPage Extensions ?|
|Active Server Pages (ASP)|
|MS SQL 2000|
|User Web Console|
|Search Engine Submission|
|User Self Managed Back-up*|
|Host Headers/Domain Mapping||Maximum of 10 per website/account|
|Connectivity||100BaseT uplink to ourGigabit backbone|
|Website Storage Space||From 20 MB to 500 MB depending on subscription package|
The above features are also available on our Dedicated Hosting services.
Dedicated Hosting can have other features such as Coldfusion, Windows Media Streaming, as well as 3rd party COM+ components, etc.
* For new subscriptions only.
All Pacweb userid begins with adm*. If your userid given does not begin with adm* and is hosted on WinNT/Win2K platform, then you are probably using the wrong useid to login. If your website is hosted on a Unix platform, this problem will escalate to our Pacweb Team as there are some legacy accounts that are not compilant to the naming convention.
If your Pacweb account starts with adm*, try to simulate by attempting to login to the site with that given userid and password. If an error 550 or Access denied due to logon failure appears, please send in an official fax to reset your account.
If you are a Primeweb account holder, check if you are the root account holder of that server (userid begins with adm*). If so, please send in an official fax to reset your account.
If your Primeweb user account does not begin with adm*, then you might be a sub-account holder of the main Primeweb account. Please refer to your main rootweb account holder to address the issue.
Can Logon but access denied when uploading
If you are able to logon to the FTP site but cannot upload contents, the problem could be: 1. quota exceeded, 2. permissions wrongly assigned.
To confirm, access your CPANEL (for Unix users, access the Unix account admin from www.pacweb.net.sg/unix_admin) and check your used quotas. If your quota has exceeded, you must either remove some contents from the server to free up space and unlock restrictions, or subscribe higher disk quotas. Please contact our Corporate Sales Department if you want to a higher disk quota.
If the quota has not not been exceeded, please contact our Technical Support Department.
Uploaded files but cannot see the site
Pacweb’s default pages on the server are always the following filename:
Anything not named as above will not be defaulted as the main page. Try changing your name convention. You might want to refer to the FAQ section in your CPANEL.
Web site gets redirected to www.pacweb.net.sg
If your website gets redirected to www.pacweb.net.sg, it could be due to the following reasons:
- Site DNS is suspended or terminated on DNS server. If DNS is not resolvable, the site is not accessible.
- Site stopped from the Web server.
- This is usually the same reason as 1. Suspension or termination.
- Your website host header is not registered with Pacweb. This is usually the case if you are asked to point a new DNS entry to your existing web host under another domain name. As long as the host header is not found on the host server, the site cannot be resolved, and it will redirect to www.pacific.net.sg. Please send in a request to our Corporate Sales Department to add a new host header with the new domain name to the old domain name.
FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol. FTP programs are used to transfer files from one computer to another. This differs from “downloading” files via a web browser because FTP also allows you to “upload” files, or commonly known as “publishing” to a remote computer. For your case, after developing your website on your local PC, you use FTP to upload/publish the contents of it to the server (hosted at Pacnet).
Below are basic instructions (click on the “click here” icon) on how you can upload your contents to your website using some of the common FTP programs.
|To obtain the respective publishing programs, please click on the links:|
|Microsoft Expression Web||website||guide|
|MS SQL Database Hosting||website||guide|
If you have tried publishing your own website using the above instructions and are still not successful, you may engage our Professional Services Team to design and publish it for you.